Trading Standards Commitments
- Provide a fair and impartial service for both traders and consumers.
- Ensure compliance with consumer protection legislation, and agree to carry out any investigations promptly and fairly.
- Provide advice on both civil and consumer protection legislation upon request.
- Assist with staff training where possible.
- Provide an officer who will act as a point of contact for the business in any dispute, and for the provision of advice and assistance.
- Provide appropriate advice to the consumer following a complaint. Where the complaint cannot be resolved by the parties involved, either can invoke the dispute resolution process outlined in section
- Promote the scheme and its members locally.
- Conduct regular reviews of the scheme, and of these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to change terms and conditions where appropriate.
- Reserve the right to revoke membership of the scheme where traders pursue a course of business conduct detrimental to consumer’s interests, or in conflict with these terms.
- Reserve the right to publicise the removal of traders from the scheme where appropriate.
- Provide a comprehensive feedback system through Referenceline that is accessible for both traders and customers.
- Process members’ data fairly and in accordance with the Data Protection Act