What does being Buy with Confidence Trading Standards Approved mean?
All the businesses on this website have been vetted and approved and continue to be monitored by a professionally qualified Trading Standards Officer to help ensure you will receive a quality service and to maintain the integrity of the scheme.
All businesses listed on the Buy With Confidence website have been audited by officers from the council where the business is based or by officers of another local authority who manage the scheme on their behalf. Members of the Buy With Confidence scheme who regularly carry out work in their customers’ homes will also have a Basic Disclosure Certificate.
If you decide to use a business from the scheme you will be entering into a contract with them and not with the council. We will make reasonable efforts, including monitoring customer comments and carrying out audits and reviews, to check that businesses comply with the terms of the scheme and treat customers safely and fairly but occasionally things may go wrong.
In particular we do not:
- Guarantee the financial status of any business.
- Accept any liability for any goods or services provided by any business
- Guarantee the quality or condition of any goods or services provided by any business.
- Guarantee that the price of goods and services supplied is competitive relative to any other business.
Businesses undertake to:
- Carry out only those activities for which they are qualified, experienced and have appropriate equipment.
- Comply with the legislation applicable to their business and activity undertaken.
- Trade fairly, openly and honestly recognising the rights of consumers.
Please follow the links to read the full Terms and Conditions of membership together with Guidance notes explaining what businesses need to do to meet the Terms and Conditions.